Competition: Win a VR-ready gaming PC from The PC Customiser!
The lovely folks at The PC Customiser and Gigabyte have teamed up with bit-tech to offer our readers a great prize: a fully built VR-ready gaming PC! You'll find the full system specifications below, but with its Gigabyte RX 480 G1 Gaming graphics card, it more than meets the minimum requirements of both the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift headsets, getting you halfway towards an awesome VR setup. Alternatively, you could just plug it in to a standard monitor and be assured of some awesome gameplay in all the latest titles at 1080p and even 1440p. A slightly better stocking filler for you or a lucky family member than a dried out orange, wouldn't you say?
Based out of Bolton, UK, The PC Customiser offers a wide range of pre-built systems and components via its brand new website
, which also sports a highly intuitive system customiser interface so you can pick and choose the exact components that work for you. You can customise existing systems or start completely from scratch using a gamified interface - have a play with it here
. Systems can be purchased on finance, and custom systems all come with free delivery and a full three-year warranty for UK customers (covering parts, labour and collect & return).
You can also find and contact the company via its social media presence on Facebook
- give it a like a follow to stay up to date with their latest news and offers, or just to say thanks.
Thanks also go out to Gigabyte, without which this competition would not have been possible. You can keep up to date with Gigabyte on Facebook
too, with a follow or a like allowing you to stay on top of all the latest product information - especially important with so much new hardware on the horizon - and be informed of more competitions like this one.
The prize is a PC system, specifically the Spec Alpha VR powered by Gigabyte
, that will arrive fully assembled and with Windows installed so all you have to do is plug it in, install some games and get playing! The full specifications are as follows:
- Corsair Spec-Alpha white/red ATX mid case
- Gigabyte GA-990X-Gaming SLI motherboard
- AMD FX8350 Vishera CPU with Corsair H45 water-cooler
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 G1 Gaming 8GB GDDR5 graphics card
- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1,600MHz DDR3 RAM
- 120GB Kingston SSD
- 1TB Western Digital HDD
- Corsair CX650M power supply
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
With a retail value of £945, we're sure you'll agree this is a very generous Christmas giveaway from The PC Customiser. Better yet, all you have to do to take advantage of it and be in with a chance of winning is answer the simple question embedded below. Be sure to read the full terms and conditions before entering.
***QUESTIONNAIRE GOES HERE***
Terms and Conditions
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The prize draw is open to UK RESIDENTS ONLY aged 12 years or over.
- The competition winners will be picked at random from all eligible entries that arrive by midnight of the closing date, December 22nd, 2016.
- Only one entry is permitted per household per bit-tech entry form. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.
- The winners will be notified via email by December 23rd, 2016. The winners must claim their prize within 14 days of the promoter sending notification. If any prize is unclaimed after this time, bit-tech reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- The winner will be eligible for one custom-built system from The PC Customiser, as detailed above.
- In the event that the prize(s) offered is/are unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater specification.
- Prizes will ship to winners within 45 days of prize acceptance, though we aim for much sooner.
- Prize draws are not open to employees of bit-tech and their affiliates, agencies, suppliers, sponsors or employees' immediate families.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.