Taking a break from the metal brushing, I turned my attention to other parts of the case. Namely the plastic bits which I was intending to paint. First, the fan cowl. This had previously been removed from the top plate and just needed the fans removing...
...followed by the display board. Hmm, should I change those LEDs or not? Later maybe.
I was going to mask off the display panel before painting but found it could be pushed out easily without damage. (Low tack adhesive).
The door handle needed further dismantling prior to painting. At this stage all the parts to be painted were thoroughly washed and dried to give the paint a clean, grease free surface to bond to.
All the bits ready for painting with vinyl dye (or at least it's UK equivalent)
Time for a colour change...
Lots of thin, even layers to build up the colour. A little care and attention produces an excellent finish.
With the paint dry, a test fit followed to see how it will look with the brushed steel. The brushing is not completed yet in this picture but the overall effect can be judged.