In Win has announced that the mirrored glass 'Tou' concept case that it was showing off at Computex 2013 will actually go into production.
The chassis uses 3mm mirrored tempered glass panels mounted on an aluminium frame. The mirror effect on the glass means that when the case's internals aren't illuminated the glass is completely reflective but when lighting is added the internals becomes visible. It was easily the most stunning case we saw at this year's Computex.
Tou means transparency in Mandarin Chinese, leaving little doubt as to the origins of the name.
In Win has a history of creating high-concept cases and doing limited production runs of them - in the region of 1,000-2,000 - and it's likely this launch will be in similarly low numbers, though we can but hope it produces more this time.
Hinting at the fact this will be a rare and expensive case, In Win hasn't yet announced pricing or a release date.
The full specs, though, are listed below:
- Metal Structure: 2-4mm Aluminium
- Case Panels: 3mm Tempered Glass
- External Drive Bay: 5.25 " x 1
- Internal Drive Bay: 2.5" x2 and 3.5" x 3
- M/B Form Factor: ATX and smaller
- Power Supply: ATX 12V, PSII Size (Up to 220mm)
- I/O Port: USB 3.0 x 2, HD Audio
- I/O Expansion Slot: PCI-E/PCI/AGP Slot x 7
- Graphic Card Size: Up to 380mm
- Thermal Solution: 120mm Top Fan x 3 and 120mm Front Fan x 1