Following on from AMD's driver announcement earlier, NVIDIA has also released drivers for Windows Vista. However, unlike the ATI drivers, NVIDIA's aren't WHQL certified at this time.
These drivers are the first Vista drivers to support NVIDIA's GeForce 8800-series video cards that were released back in November. In addition, they also support all GeForce 6 and 7-series.
Here's a run down of the release highlights:
- First Beta driver for GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS GPUs;
- This driver supports the following features:
- Single GPU support
- DirectX 9 support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs;
- DirectX 10 support for GeForce 8800 GPUs
- OpenGL support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs
- DirectX 9 and OpenGL NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available on January 31, 2007 in a new driver from NVIDIA;
- If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows Vista, please subscribe to the newsletter;
- Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, and known compatibility issues.
You can grab the 32-bit version here
, and the 64-bit version can be downloaded here
Discuss in the forums