LONDON, ENGLAND, October 8th 2008 – With critical acclaim and consumer anticipation heralding its imminent arrival, Pinnacle Software and Introversion Software are proud to announce that the boxed version of Multiwinia: Survival of the Flattest is to arrive at retailers everywhere on Friday 10th October with a recommended retail price of £19.99.
Set in the futuristic digital world known as Darwinia, Multiwinia is an online multiplayer Real Time Strategy game where players assume the role of one of Darwinia’s warring factions, battling for control of its limited natural resources, hell-bent on the destruction of the other factions in the pursuit of world supremacy, all against the backdrop of one of the most visually stunning game environments seen to date.
“We are delighted to be working with developer partners, Introversion Software and proud to support them in achieving their retail objectives with the release of this excellent and much anticipated PC game”, commented Peter Sleeman, Managing Director of publishers Pinnacle Software.
On the back of early positive review scores including 8/10 from Eurogamer and 7.5/10 from Gamespot UK, he went on to say, “Multiwinia has been well received by the Specialist Gaming Media and by retailers, and the demand for a quality boxed title such as this is obvious.”
MULTIWINIA’S SIX GAME MODES
* Domination – Each team fights to control spawn points with the aim to control the entire map or the most spawn points
* King of the Hill – Occupy key tactical zones around the map to score points
* Capture the Statue – Multiwinians must collectively lift the heavy giant stone statues that spawn in the Statue Zone and carry them safely back to their home base to score points, with the team that has successfully carried the highest number of statues to their base within the allocated time being the winner
* Blitzkrieg – Each team tries to capture the enemy’s home flag while defending their own
* Rocket Riot – Each team has a giant rocket at their start point, and in order to win they must refuel and occupy the rocket with 100 Multiwinian astronauts and then perform a successful launch, all at the same time as preventing the rocket’s destruction by enemy teams
* Assault – One player’s team must defend a bomb that will explode within a defined time period, whilst the other team must attack and destroy the bomb before the time period elapses. Play then switches around, with the winner being the player who successfully attacks in the quickest time
For more information on the boxed version of Multiwinia please visit www.multiwiniagame.com