SAN JOSE , CALIF., April 3, 2007 – SanDisk® Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK) today introduced SanDisk CompactFlash® 5000, a new line of high-performance industrial grade memory cards aimed specifically at the industrial market. In addition to fast read and write speeds, the cards provide a high level of durability and reliability for industrial applications such as industrial single-board computers, telecom equipment, point-of-sale (POS) systems and other mission-critical applications.
The announcement was made at the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Silicon Valley at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center , where SanDisk is showcasing its comprehensive line of storage products for use in industrial and system level embedded applications. On display in Booth number 841 is the new industrial grade CompactFlash 5000, SanDisk’s Solid State Drive (SSD), iNAND™ and mDOC H3 embedded flash drives (EFDs), and other flash-based storage products.
“During the past 17 years, SanDisk has had a proven track record of providing cutting-edge storage technology and performance for millions of OEM systems and applications, whether through cards or embedded solutions,” said Greg Rhine, senior vice president and general manager of SanDisk’s Consumer Products Division. “Offering industrial grade CompactFlash cards is a logical extension of SanDisk’s high-end industrial lineup. We’ve come to recognize that there is substantial market demand for this type of industrial-strength card from a major, proven supplier such as SanDisk. With our industry-leading technology roadmap and leadership in the flash memory market, SanDisk is uniquely positioned to meet the demands of industrial users and applications with our industrial grade CompactFlash 5000 product line.”
Here are the key features of SanDisk Industrial Grade CompactFlash 5000 cards:
- Durability: SanDisk industrial grade CompactFlash 5000 can withstand severe weather conditions, shock, high altitude (up to 80,000 feet) and rigorous vibrations. It complies fully with MIL-STD-810F, meeting the strictest environmental requirements for mission-critical applications.
- Reliability: SanDisk patented flash management technology and extensive IP portfolio provide dynamic and static wear leveling algorithms and dynamic bad block mapping, including advanced error detection and correction code (EDC/ECC) to ensure high data reliability.
- Performance: Sustained read/write speeds are both 30 megabytes (MB) per second1, making this one of the fastest in the industry for industrial grade cards of this type.
- Extended temperature range: SanDisk industrial grade CompactFlash 5000 products can operate at temperatures ranging from -25 degrees C to +85 degrees C.
- Scalability: SanDisk industrial grade CompactFlash 5000 products are available in 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB capacities, which are completely interchangeable without additional integration.
Engineering samples of SanDisk industrial grade CompactFlash 5000 cards are now available to OEM customers for evaluation with mass production slated to begin by the end of May.
SanDisk is the original inventor of flash storage cards and is the world’s largest supplier of flash data storage card products, using its patented, high-density flash memory and controller technology. SanDisk is headquartered in Milpitas , California , and has operations worldwide, with more than half its sales outside the U.S.