Motion Launches New Line of Rugged Tablet PCs Offering Enhanced Power, Performance & Int. Features
May 19, 2010 | 09:34
Motion Launches New Line of Rugged Tablet PCs Offering Enhanced Power, Performance and Integrated Features
Motion’s F5v Mobile Field Tool and C5v Mobile Clinical Assistant (MCA) are industry’s first slate tablet PCs to integrate advanced Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors
AUSTIN, Texas – May 19, 2010 – Motion Computing®, a leading provider of integrated mobile computing solutions, today announced the industry’s first slate tablet PCs with Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors, offering new levels of performance, security and manageability. Built on the company’s proven line of tablet PCs, Motion’s F5v and C5v meet the needs of mobile workforces across industries, and now feature enhanced integrated features, connectivity and durability.
“From its inception, Motion has delivered tablet PC solutions that address the needs of a highly mobile workforce,” said Mike Stinson, Vice President of Marketing, Motion Computing. “Today we extend that leadership with the introduction of the industry’s most advanced purpose-built slate tablet PCs that offer mobility, power and durability.”
The rugged F5v Tablet PC and C5v MCA now feature the Intel® Core™ i7 or Core™ i5 vPro™ technology, enabling a significant improvement in performance and battery life over previous solutions. Additionally, incorporating Intel Core vPro technology will enable Motion customers to experience:
* Enhanced remote management capabilities enabling IT technicians to repair and secure the PC from any location, even while powered-down or in sleep mode, enabling greater levels of energy efficiency and streamlined maintenance processes
* Increased security with fully manageable hard drive encryption, and Intel® Anti-Theft technology used with Computrace®, protecting valuable data in case of loss or theft
* Improved multitasking with smart technology that adjusts processor speed to support workload changes, providing power when needed and working more efficiently when possible
“Motion tablets with the 2010 Intel Core vPro processors adapt to the needs of mobile workforces with smart security, cost-saving manageability, and intelligent performance,” said Brian Tucker, Director of Marketing, Business Client Platform Division at Intel. “Now enterprises can take advantage of the powerful applications and rich user experiences available with today’s technology.”
Built on Proven Technology
Motion’s next-generation C5v and F5v Tablet PCs are based on the company’s proven line of rugged tablets that are in use by mobile professionals worldwide. New features to further increase productivity, connectivity and durability for enhanced mobile experiences include:
* Hot-swap battery feature for easy replacement of charged batteries without interruption
* System storage enhancements, featuring a powerful 160GB HDD and up to 4GB of RAM
* Extra-durable Corning Gorilla™ glass, now standard, offering up to a 4 times improvement in breakage resistance1, with new anti-smear coating for improved visibility
* Enhanced optional, integrated 3.0 megapixel documentation camera and new web camera for improved communication and collaboration capabilities
* Integrated Gobi2000™ mobile broadband supporting multi-mode 3G mobile Internet access on either HSPA or CDMA2000® EV-DO networks in markets around the world
Enterprise-Ready, Highly Powerful, Durable and Mobile Tablet PCs
Tested to withstand even the harshest working environments, the C5v and F5v Tablet PCs meet MIL-STD-810G and IP-54 standards. Drop tested on 26 sides and fully sealed against dust and moisture, the tablet PCs are designed to withstand bumps, drops, rain or other conditions that can damage commercial-grade computing solutions. Additionally, the tablet PCs are enterprise-ready. Utilising either the Windows® 7 or Windows XP operating system, the C5v and F5v fit seamlessly into enterprise-environments, reducing the burden on IT and enabling mobile workers to manage the same applications available to office-based employees.
The Motion C5v MCA and F5v Mobile Field Tool
The next generation of the proven C5-Series and F5-Series Tablet PCs, the Motion C5v and F5v are tailored to mobile professionals across vertical industries such as healthcare, construction and field service. The tablet PCs are fully rugged yet lightweight, making them the ideal solution for workers who compute while walking or standing. Deployed across organisations worldwide, the tablet PCs are proving to enhance documentation, improve collaboration, and reduce process latencies. For more information visit the Products and Services page.