Taipei, Taiwan—June 15, 2009—CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), innovative solutions provider for the connected media lifestyle today released CyberLink YouCam 3, the fun webcam software that includes unforgettable effects for live chats and video blogging, provides easy-to-use video recording modes, and is the first webcam software to support uploading directly to Facebook™ and YouTube™.
YouCam 3 is optimized for leading PC technology, including HD webcams, touch-enabled systems, and ultra-light netbooks.
With over 21,000 videos already available on YouTube via earlier versions of the software, YouCam 3 now offers even more ways to record impressive videos using a webcam. Face-tracking technology, including video noise reduction and auto zooming, and support for HD webcams, enables the easy creation of high quality video clips for posting to a YouTube channel or uploading directly to a Facebook account.
“CyberLink YouCam 3 is not just the most fun you can have chatting via webcam, it is literally an entire video and photo recording booth in one power-packed application,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “Face-tracking technology, including auto zoom and denoise, plus new animated effects and scene locations, provide heaps of ways to record zany videos that can be shared directly online via Facebook and YouTube.”
CyberLink YouCam 3 offers outstanding features for live webcam chats and recording:
· Heaps of new effects, including emotion stamps, scenes, headgear gadgets, video recording styles, and more avatars. Thousands of free effects are available for download from the DirectorZone website.
· Face tracking technology enables the accuracy of YouCam’s head effects, and with auto zooming makes it easy for users to shoot accurately framed video via a webcam themselves.
· Automatic lighting —based on CyberLink TrueTheater technology — ensures users always look their best for the camera, with reduction of video noise, as well as natural adjustment of colors, contrast, and brightness.
· Direct uploading to Facebook and YouTube, makes uploading to online communities extremely convenient.
· Desktop capture mode enables recording of desktop action, great for creating simple demos that can be communicated directly via instant messenger.
· Support for high-definition webcams improves the capturing quality for videos and photos.
· Touch support provides more intimate video chats and interaction.
· A scalable UI and full screen mode allow display on large widescreen monitors and touch panels.
· Netbook support ensures optimized performance on netbook and nettop PCs.
CyberLink YouCam 3 is now available online, supporting the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, and Korean. CyberLink also offers OEM versions to PC and peripheral manufacturing customers.
· CyberLink YouCam 3 (single license download) at £ 24.99
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs and CEs through the use of video editing software, DVD player software, and other multimedia solutions. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics-card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. Today, CyberLink’s software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Discs, digital home entertainment, TV-on-PC and human resource development. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). Currently, CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink's worldwide headquarters is located in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink's website at www.cyberlink.com