CARLSBAD, Calif. March 12th, 2015 – Razer™, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the release of the new Razer Blade Pro laptop, a premier 17-inch gaming laptop and mobile studio for creative professionals.
Engineered with the all-new NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 960M GPU with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM, the new Razer Blade Pro is designed for extreme game play and professional work. An Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ quad-core processor powers the computing functions of this portable multi-purpose laptop.
The new Razer Blade Pro also offers dual storage for higher speed and more capacity than its predecessor, featuring an SSD up to 512 GB and up to a 1 TB hard drive.
“The original Blade shifted the paradigm of mobile PC design and started the transition to gaming laptops being both portable and powerful,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “With the new Blade Pro, we’ve continued that heritage in a way that will push the envelope for gamers and creative professionals even further.”
The Razer Blade Pro’s performance is driven by the engineering principles of localized heating. This approach focuses on directing heat away from the main touch surfaces of the notebook, to areas that can dissipate heat quickly and are not commonly touched by the user. This allows the laptop to pack in the highest performance available with NVIDIA’s critically acclaimed GTX graphics.
With a 17.3-inch full-HD matte anti-glare display, the new Razer Blade Pro gives users the freedom to work and play without missing anything. At 0.88 inches thin and weighing only 6.76 pounds, the notebook delivers desktop-class performance without sacrificing portability. With an aluminum body, the Blade Pro is not only durable but is sleek, slim and light, all the way down to the compact power supply.
The Razer Blade Pro's Switchblade User Interface (SBUI) is designed for a more efficient and intuitive experience for professionals and gamers. Featuring 10 customizable tactile keys and an LCD track pad to put additional tools at one’s fingertips, the SBUI makes gestures feel more natural and intuitive for editing, designing, and gaming.
The new Razer Blade Pro also includes a backlit anti-ghosting keyboard that registers simultaneous key presses with precision.
Order now: www.razerzone.com/bladepro
- Intel® Core i7-4720HQ Quad Core Processor (2.6GHz / 3.6GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 960M (4GB GDDR5 VRAM), Optimus™ Technology
- 16GB System Memory (DDR3L-1600 MHz)
- Windows® 8.1 64-Bit
- 128GB SSD + 500GB HDD / 256GB SSD + 500GB HDD / 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD options
- 17.3" Full HD 16:9 Ratio, 1920 x 1080 LED backlit
- Intel® Wireless-AC 7260HMW (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.0)
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- (3x) USB 3.0 port (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 1.4a audio and video output
- Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- Built-in stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm microphone/headphone combo jack
- Array microphone
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Built-in full-HD webcam (2.0 MP)
- Compact 150 W Power Adapter
- Built-in 74 Wh Rechargeable lithium ion polymer battery
- Razer Switchblade User Interface (SBUI)
- Razer Anti-Ghosting Keyboard (with adjustable backlight)
- Razer Synapse Enabled
- Kensington™ Lock interface
- 16.8 in. (427 mm) Width x 0.88 in. (22.4 mm) Height x 10.9 in. (277 mm) Depth
- 6.76 lbs. / 3.07 kg