Making the case
I began cutting the required pieces from the aluminium and acrylic sheets. Some of this went in to making the hard disk cages with spaces designed to slide firmly onto a base.
The bottom of the case can be seen coming together with the hard disk platform, which allows for a wire mesh underneath and a clamping system for keeping the hard disk cages secure and an early version of the fan holders I made.
I fixed the back panel to the base while keeping it clamped up and fixed the curve bars to the base and then cut to correct size. The blank plate in the front is from the bits cut earlier.
I needed chunky bevelled flat bars for connecting the curve bars to the top, back sections and then it was coming along nicely and starting to show its form.
The curved bars had some force in them when together so needed to make a nice square jig to place the case in so I could mark & cut the mobo tray in it's correct form.