We use partially different test gear on AM4 than we do for Intel CPUs. We're testing all Ryzen CPUs with Asus's Crosshair VI Hero along with 16GB of Corsair 3,000MHz DDR4 Vengeance memory, which runs at 2,933MHz with the available memory divider on AM4 motherboards. At launch, this was the highest stable frequency we could obtain. We're also using an NZXT Kraken X42 cooler, as it was compatible out of the box with the dual socket mount on the Crosshair VI Hero, although adaptors are now available specifically for the wider AM4 mounting points.
- Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero
- Memory: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz DDR4
- Graphics card: XFX Radeon R9 390 DD 8GB
- PSU: Corsair RM850i
- SSD: OCZ Arc 100 240GB
- CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken X42
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit