The Hardware of Gamescom 2014
As the name of the event indicates, Gamescom is mostly about games, and there surely was a lot going on in this regard. But games, of course, need hardware, both to run on and for interaction. And as hardware enthusiasts, there was only one thing on our minds, so we set about finding the newest products being showcased in Cologne.
Well, we already know what the best piece of hardware on show was...
Of course, Gamescom isn't as big as Computex in this regards (see here
for our Computex 2014 coverage), but there was still enough to keep us occupied for a few days! Click the links below for coverage of each company.
- Kingston/HyperX - New DRAM, a new Cloud headset and some budget friendly USB storage
- Mionix - A look at how mice are designed, and a sneak preview
- Alienware - A detailed look at the Alpha, the upcoming Windows based machine with a unique console UI
- Turtle Beach - Gaming headsets galore, including three new PC models
- Be Quiet! - An update on the Straight Power 10 PSUs
- Mad Catz - Tournament Edition perhiperals
- Roccat - A mouse for controlling vehicles in games, a keyboard that will talk to your phone, and a modular mouse
- Nvidia - A demo of the recently launched Shield Tablet