We had mixed opinions on Acer's Predator gaming PC when we first had a look at it back in May last year, much of which was due to the fact that Richard broke the display model
- but we have to admit that we never saw this coming.
According to reports from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 215 of Acer's Predator gaming PCs have been recalled due to fire risks originating from some cable insulation problems present in some models.
"The insulation on the computer's internal wiring can become bent or stripped, causing the wires to overheat while the product is in use.
" says the Consumer Product Safety Commission
The problem gets worse though; this isn't just overheating to the point of a system restart. At least two of Acer's Predator systems have been shown to go into literal meltdown and cause fires.
If you bought an Acer Predator gaming PC then the sensible thing to do is to hit up the CSPC
and get full details on how to have your unit exchanges or repaired into a less flamable model. We recommend not doing that on your Predator though - just in case.
What do you think of the Predator and its unusual design and explosive temperament? Let us know in the forums