; it's only been out a week or two and already owners of the PC version are getting rewarded with free content, which will be added in the form of a new patch.
, which we had a look at
when it was released and also did a DirectX 10 vs DirectX 9 comparison
on, will be getting the free update in the near future - though no clear date has been indicated yet by Capcom.
The patch coincides with the re-launch of the Xbox 360 map packs as free downloads on Xbox Live.
The PC patch will include:
- Multiplayer tweaks
- New multiplayer characters, including Mega Man and Dead Rising's Frank West
- Two new camera modes, one inspired by Resident Evil 4
- Movie mode, for watching previously unlocked cutscenes
- Ability to see connected players in Multiplayer
- A new set of levels, title 'PC Map Pack 1'
The patch, which Capcom calls an automatic update, will weigh in at 400MB and will more than likely download and install over Steam
as soon as it is released.
With any luck the maps will be optimised for the PC version as the biggest weakness of Lost Planet
was the balancing problems caused by playing a console game with a mouse and keyboard, a system which quite frankly pwns even the best analogue stick set-up.
Are you fed up of companies releasing patches to address broken games after release, or is it an acceptable part of the industry? Drop your comments below