Here at bit-tech
we like competitions and so do you - everyone, it seems, loves the chance to win things! Over the years, we have given away all kinds of weird and wonderful swag. Sometimes it's codes for a game beta. Other times it might be a motherboard, some memory or a graphics card.
For our most recent competition, bit-tech
has teamed up with Ubisoft to celebrate the launch of the massively anticipated gaming title Far Cry 2
by giving away a themed Playstation 3. Far Cry 2
is the successor to Far Cry
, the sleeper hit of 2004.
Far Cry 2
sees players return as a hired mercenary who is sent to kill an arms dealer known as "The Jackal." The game sees return of all the familiar Far Cry
traits, with plenty of action, amazing scenery and explosive gameplay. Be sure to check out our extensive bit-tech review
of the game.
The prize is a custom Far Cry 2
-themed Sony Playstation 3 modded by renowned German modder Oliver "Butterkneter" König. His previous work has been featured several times here on bit-tech
, including the custom Battlefield 2 cases
for EA and the FIFA Kicker
The mod itself features a machete, grass and even a removable bullet shield for the Playstation 3 (which can also be detached from the base). The base is covered with all the little details we have come to expect from Butterkneter, right down to the hand made ants and spent ammo casings. You can read the full work log detailing the creation here
To be in with a chance to win this one of a kind prize all you have to do is answer a simple question!
Competition is now closed
Question: On which continent does Far Cry 2 take place?
Send your answers through to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading Far Cry 2 Mod Competition. Be sure to include your full postal address and contact telephone number - though be aware that this competition is only open to our readers in the UK (sorry to the rest of you).
If you have trouble answering the question visit the Far Cry 2 website
for a hint or ask for help in the forums
In addition to Butterkneter's Far Cry 2
PS3 mod competition here on bit-tech
, you can sign up on ubi.com
to receive updates on its games and a chance to win one of five Far Cry 2
Terms and Conditions:
- This competition is open to all bit-tech readers in the UK.
- Emails must be received by 11:59 AM BST Friday 7th November 2008 to qualify.
- Multiple entries will be disqualified
- Please include your contact details (shipping address, contact telephone number) in the email.
- The winner will be chosen randomly from correct entries and informed by email.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- Prizes cannot be swapped for a cash alternative.
- Prizes do not come with any warranty.
- Your email address will only be stored for the purpose of this competition and will not be passed on to any third parties.